Thursday, January 7, 2010

Homosexuality in the Bible

A christian friend of mine posted about a preacher in Arizona that is full of hate towards homosexuals and thinks it is OK, according to the bible of course, to kill them! Reverend Steven L Anderson is a real man of god. Seems he hates everyone, could he be the next Fred Phelps?! He also wants god to strike the president dead. A true man of love. So my friend post this article on 'that social network' that says this man actually preaches that homosexuals should be put to death. We'll Steven Anderson is correct, it is in their, Lev 20:13 says: If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. What caught me off guard was his response to the article:

This kind of thing is clearly not biblical. In the worst case, Christ hates the sin not the sinner.


whoa! WHAT?! Do you read your bible at all?! God was ruthless! I always like to ask Christians if they eat shrimp, and lobster. According to god, that is as much an abomination as being homosexual. They then try to back it up with christ coming and the 'out with the old, in with the new' thing. Problem with that is that according to the writings of the new testament, christ did not come to push aside those old laws and make a new covenant, the old laws are still very much in affect. I would like to direct you to Matthew 5:17 where Jesus tells folks "Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose." I think I went over this juicy tidbit in my last blog?

Now, if you want to go back to 'out with the old, in with the new' ( in spite of the fact that he clearly states that he came not to abolish but to fulfill the laws of the old testament) then eating shellfish is ok, as is mixing dairy with meat (dietary laws) etc... and that would also mean that homosexuality is in the clear to be practiced again without condemnation.

On the other hand, fornication is frowned upon in the New Testament. I wonder why we never hear much about that? main point is, you can't have it both ways.

Now, a note to my friends who are homosexual and christian. I will ask in the best Julia Sweeney voice I can, for it was she who came up with this question that should make you really think:

"'What are you trying to do wanting to be in a church? Why is anyone trying to be in a church? It's like saying, "'Why can't I be in the KKK? They kicked me out.'"


Figure it all out, manipulate everything just so...then get back with me on this effed up lopsided BS argument. I'll be here waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment